Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sucking Hole

This week has about sucked my will to live. Between over eating vanilla cream cake, getting to bed late, listening for a sick baby to cough and stop breathing, netting 2 good hours of sleep a night and a dumbass grant process that popped up with two day notice, I am wondering if I have the ability to even brush my hair anymore. Which I didn't today and I am sure was noticed by everyone I work with. As well as the fact I was wearing flip flops, again, in October. I work with a woman who had her daughter 10 days before I had mine. She looks rested when she comes to work, she is out at meetings all day long, pumping as she goes, smiling all the way. I want to shove her down the stairs sometimes mainly because I am jealous that I don't have my shit together. I keep thinking with every month I am back at work, that she gets older, that my husband helps out more I will get it more together. Doubtful I think.

On a random note, as I was driving to work this AM I saw a guy get hit by a car while he was riding his bike across the street. Street is an inadequate way to describe a MAJOR thoroughfare that thousands of people drive on every day getting to work. He seemed to think that a yellow flashing light would indicate to people driving that they should stop. Well, dumbass, you live in a major metropolitan area where they don't share the road and where the road is still dark at 7 AM. He was fine, despite the fact he was riding without a helmet. He did have nice folks who stopped traffice for him to pick up his bike parts that were littering the road. The person who hit him kept driving. Ok, so I guess my day didn't suck that bad.

No comments: