Thursday, October 26, 2006

Random Notes to Self

I have thought of lots of stuff this week, none of which is cool or interesting but still. Here you go.

1) I love that the weather is so cold now. Minus all the snotty noses in our house, nothing makes me as happy has my big duvet and wool sweaters. One of the things I miss most about living in the midwest is cold weather. This week has been a nice little reminder of home.

2) I was finally able to watch Gilmore Girls this week for the first time this season. If you haven't watched it yet, then stop reading. Ok, I was concerned about the Luke/Loralei situation and was afraid I would be really mad at Chris for coming back. But the moment she told him she needed to see him in the bathroom, he was my new love! I adore that she is able to talk to him honestly and say how she feels, even if it might not always feel good. I guess I loved that moment because that is something I deal with in my own relationship. Even though it is so scary to say what is inside of you, there is something so nice about being safe enough to be able to say what you are feeling. Ok, end of therapy session.

3) Post Gilmore Girls I actually was still able to sit and watch Veronica Mars, a show I had never watched but is now one of my favorites. If you haven't watched it yet, check it out.

4) Today they had mocha java at my coffee shop. My mouth is happy.

5) Tonight I get to watch Grey's Anatomy AND, AND eat kari kari, God's gift to the appetizer world. Plus, there will be cheap beer and dead cow on the menu. You can't go wrong with that.

6) My dog got into the trash on Monday and got to spend the night at the vet for dog food poisoning last night. She weighs 65 lbs so even a 25 lb weight at the bottom of the trash can does nothing. We are installing a can under the sink this weekend and I am pretty sure she can't ever get sick again with what this visit will cost us. However, for the queen, it is all worth it.

I think that is it. Again, nothing of importance, just my randomness. Sorry for the lack of links to shows. I just don't have the energy for it right now.

2 comments:

smarti said...

What's kari kari?

I've been avoiding putting my down comforter on the bed but last night I slept in socks and pants and I thought about a long sleeved shirt (none of which is my usual sleeping atire)...I believe tomorrow might be the day the bed changes.

Mackenzie said...

kari kari is a mix of crab meat and cream cheese fried in a little pastry, served with warm seasame soy sauce and sweet hot pepper sauce. I know it sounds totally gross but the Mayor and I once threw down on two order by ourselves and that was on top of the beer and burgers also consumed at the establishment. Hint: it is where we always went before our JUMP concerts.